Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Future of Education

Wow!  We just had a discussion on the future of education in our technology classroom and I could have seriously banged my head against the wall.  First, I think all elementary teachers are awesome and I mean no ill will towards them.

During this discussion of getting students to be more creative, it wasn't long before many of the elementary teachers started saying stuff like, "but we have to have them quiet", or "they still need to be told what to do". I have no idea what goes on in elementary so take my opinion of someone who is definitively uniformed about elementary but I have no assigned seats in my class but my students sit in the same seats every day all four quarters.  In fact, when someone does move into someone else's seat they get mad and say why are you in my seat.  They have been zombiefied.  I hate when I see elementary teachers in the hallway and their students are all in a strait line and the kids have their hands behind their back.  Ugh....Pink Floyd was right - all we are is just another brick in the wall.  I want my kids to be taught by an exceptional teacher who comes to school with mismatched cloths and as unstructured as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment