Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thoughts on Common Core

I am ready to accept Common Core technology.  Many of the things that the common core wants to do for social studies I am doing already with the Illinois History Fair projects so it is not a huge change for me.  Maybe that is why I am ready to accept it.  Things that I need to add are data collecting and concept mapping.  The biggest thing is teaching Historical Literature.  I feel I need to go learn how to teach literature now to teach history.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll be ready for Common Core when it's implemented fully in two years. You're right that it's not so overwhelming when you realize that many things in the CC standards you are already doing; it's a matter of taking time to pick the CC standards that fit with what you're already doing and/or add extra activities that apply CC to existing units.

    ReplyDelete